Box SaaS Security & ZDX Deployment_Guide

This Deployment Guide is written for deployment of our Technical Alliance partner Box.

It is a comprehensive guide that walks through the configuration of the Zscaler Internet Access features, and the Zscaler Digital Exchange features in use with Box.com. The document will walk you through securing your Box tenant from Malware and Data Loss and configuring the Zscaler Digital Exchange (ZDX) to simplify operations, troubleshooting, provide visibility, and user experience awareness to your users of the Box SaaS service.

At a high level the topics of the document:

Configuring

• Box SaaS Tenant in Zscaler
  • Zscaler Tenant in Box
  • SaaS DLP Policy
  • SaaS Malware Policy
  • Start the Scan Policy for the SaaS service

Reporting and Visibility of the SaaS Tenant

Zscaler Digital Exchange (ZDX)

• ZDX Overview
  • Configuring ZDX and the Probes for Box
  • Using ZDX to Monitor the Application
  • Using ZDX to Monitor the User Experience

Box SaaS Security & ZDX Deployment_Guide:

3 Likes

Thanks @tharcourt, I have started to read your guide and it’s a very comprehensive showcase of the new features which enhance the Zscaler offering, kudos!

I have a question on ZDX and its meaning, as I was always under the assumption that ZDX meant Zscaler Digital eXperience monitoring, and not digital exchange.

Yet, my search engine reports both definition in the metadata of the relevant web page, like so:

So maybe both ways to spell ZDX are true, who knows?

Maybe Marketing should clarify this, as in the linked page there is no reference at all to digital exchange:

I would be happy if this could be clarified.

Many thanks,

Luca

Well I think I am incorrect for the monitoring application. I believe it should be digital experience.

I believe all of Zscaler is the Digital Exchange, and is causing some confusion. I will make the changes on my document.

Regards,

-Todd-

image007.png

lucaberta Luca Bertagnolio
February 11

Thanks @tharcourt, I have started to read your guide and it’s a very comprehensive showcase of the new features which enhance the Zscaler offering, kudos!

I have a question on ZDX and its meaning, as I was always under the assumption that ZDX meant Zscaler Digital eXperience monitoring, and not digital exchange.

Yet, my search engine reports both definition in the metadata of the relevant web page, like so:

So maybe both ways to spell ZDX are true, who knows?

Maybe Marketing should clarify this, as in the linked page there is no reference at all to digital exchange:

Zscaler

### Digital Experience Monitoring | Zscaler Digital Exchange

With Zscaler Digital Exchange (ZDX) you can unlock superior digital experiences for your end users.

I would be happy if this could be clarified.

Many thanks,

Luca

appreciate that @tharcourt, many thanks for the clarification and for the changes to the great document you’ve created.

I think that Marketing should also clarify the wording in the link I mentioned above, as they wrote:

which is again incorrect, by virtue of what you wrote about Zscaler being called “Digital Exchange“ as a whole, which I did not know about!

Bye, Luca