Chart Usage Office 365 per Location and per Application

(Patrick) #1

Hello all,

Is the cloud application OneDrive both for private and business OneDrive? And what applications are included in Common Office 365 Applications Cloud Application? I want to generate a chart which shows traffic for each Office 365 Applications for each locations for the last week. How can I do this?

Thanks,
Patrick

(Priyanka Pani) #2

Hi,

I can answer 2 of your 3 questions.
Is the cloud application OneDrive both for private and business OneDrive?
A: Yes

I want to generate a chart which shows traffic for each Office 365 application for each location for the last week. How can I do this?
A: You can do the following:

1. Go to Interactive reports
  2. Click on “New Report” to create a custom report
  3. Set the time range for the previous week
  4. Add a widget
  5. Set the data type to “Locations”
  6. Add the filter “Cloud Applications” and select the cloud application that you’d like to view the traffic for.
  7. Save the report
    Example of widget configuration:

Example of the report for O365 applications by location for the last week:

Hope this helps.

(Naresh Kumar ) #3

All domains and URLS/IPs part of Microsft 365 common endpoints as mentioned in below link are covered under Common O365 applications

(Patrick) #4

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for your fast reply. The tip for the report helps a lot. I’m now able to view a line based overview of traffic/transaction over a period of time.

I’m still unsure about which Office 365 traffic belongs to which cloud application/category. I have created a own URL category with the link from mentioned by @Naresh_Kumar_PM for OneDrive but it’s also includes a lot of SharePoint resources. I think OneDrive for Business is build on top of SharePoint and it’s maybe impossible to divide the Traffic. Unfortunately you can’t have a line chart with URL Category as filters.

Do you also now what is in the Cloud Application Microsoft Team included? All action inside Team, also like meetings and file activities? Or belongs so action to Skype/SharePoint.

Best Regards,
Patrick