Client connector opens with white screen

Hi all,

We recently rolled out zScaler in our environment, we had one or two issues but one remains which I am unable to resolve

Essentially after installation (and this has been done via SCCM and thereafter manually using both an MSI and EXE without any installation switches) the client connector application (3.4.1.4 but also tried 3.5.0.108) just opens and displays a blank, white screen. It does not ask for credentials and does not get any further.

Anyone seen this before and have any ideas?

cheers!

Hi Peter, the client connector uses Windows WBC (web browser control) to load the screen within the client itself. Are you possibly blocking IE on that endpoint?

Hi Keith, thanks for the quick response.
Just double checked and IE is enabled on that system. We don’t use any policies or block anything within/toward IE either.

Is the endpoint able to reach the iDP?

Yep, iDP is Microsoft365

Hi Peter, those were the 2 ideas I had handy but please open a support case so that they can fully diagnose and solve the issue.

1 Like

@peripete
Is this issue resolved?
Like Blackstone said, ZCC login depends on IE.
Could you try below steps in IE.

1. Clear IE cache via IE options.
  2. Reset IE settings to default.
  3. Try to open your IDP page from IE.

Hi wdmine,
Still unresolved. We have made a support case and awaiting and answer.
We reset the IE browser completely back to defaults and cleared any cache but the issue remains. The IDP is available via the browser (IE).
One interesting development is that it seems to function normally when logging into a different windows profile. We want to avoid recreating his profile for certain reasons so at the moment wont consider that the solution.
Will keep you updated on the solution

Unfortunately zScaler support were not able to resolve the issue and claim the issue is with the Windows installation/Device.
The solution they offered was to reset/reimage Window but as this is difficult for a road warrior to complete, for now the user will continue to use a different proxy solution which does work.

If i find something in the meantime I will update you.