Logout Password
Uninstall Password
Password to Disable ZIA
Password to Disable ZPA
Exit Password

Mac and Linux app profiles have the options to set passwords for
Logout Password
Disable Password

What is the functionality difference between disabling and logging out? Exiting and logging out? Disabling and exiting?

Hi Cheryl -
Disable = User selects “TURN OFF” in ZCC UI or selects “Exit”
Logging Out = User selects “Log Out” or uninstalls the client

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thanks, Niladri. I’m still unclear—what I want to know is, what is zcc seeing or doing for a user, when they have exited, when they have disabled, or when they have logged out? Those are being treated differently in the app profile, but to me they all sound like the same thing. What does zscaler see, and what does the user see, that is different between these actions?

Here is an attempt at explaining the differences:
Logout Password : button to log the user out of ZCC. Once logged out, all services cease to function so this is a good one to have controls on.
Uninstall Password: self explanatory.
Password to Disable ZIA: Turns off Internet protections (SSL inspection, proxy, DLP, zero day protections, etc.). You may choose to leave this option without a password but set an automatic timer to re-enable after say an hour. I’ve found giving the users an ability to temporarily disable ZIA is a good troubleshooting tool and an acceptable workaround to a ZIA issue when perm solution is being implemented.
Password to Disable ZPA: Personally I think you can skip this because the user is only turning off their access to internal apps, not turning off any protections
Exit Password: Same impact as logout. However, this option is temporary. When user reboots, app will reload and user will still be logged in.

Also, in case you are not aware. Each machine generates a machine specific password for these items during registration. You can pull this from the ZCC portal or via API and avoid the need to share a master password with users.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Awesome, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Glad to hear this was helpful. Sorry for the premature solution flag. If you could please mark the appropriate answer as solved that would be super helpful

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.