Member Spotlight, January 2023 - Brittney Frenette

Zscaler Member Spotlight: Meet Brittney Frenette

Brittney Frenette, Customer Enablement & Education Program Manager at Zscaler steps into the Zenith Community spotlight for January and we are excited to to share their story!

Brittney has been with Zscaler since October 2021 and has been active on the Zenith Community since December 2021. Brittney is currently serving as the Customer Enablement & Education Program Manager, working on Zscalers customer education strategy and programs!

Read on to learn more about how Brittney starts her day and support enablement here at Zscaler!

Q. What made you originally join Zscaler, and what has your career path looked like while at Zscaler?

I wanted to get into the cybersecurity industry and pursue a career in Customer Enablement and Education! My role at Zscaler allowed me to do both!

Q. Tell us about your family.

It’s just me and my partner, Justin! We live in Colorado and love spending time being active, getting outside, and traveling! Between our immediate family we have folks in Hawaii, Alaska, Florida, Minnesota, Maine, and Rhode Island so we’ve got lots of places to keep us busy!

Pictured (In order): Spain, Iceland, Hawaii, Alaska, Switzerland

Q. What are some life achievements that you are proud of?

I am quite of a few big wins in the past year, to begin we launched a new Partner Academy, and then 6 months later launched our new Academy for customers and guests. With that launch the program was recognized by Skilljar and received the Innovation in Customer Education award. We also were recognized by Influitive for our Ascent program, being named the Best Technical Achievement in a Program. Launching 2 new programs within 6 months of eachother was already a huge achievement, but then to be recognized twice made it all even better.

Q. Tell us about your organization. (specifically, your department/team)

I am in our Customer and Partner Enablement team. We focus on enabling and educating our partners, customers, and guests!

Key priorities of the Customer & Partner Education team include:

• Create persona-based learning experiences
  • Provide multiple modes of learning (self-paced and instructor-led)
  • Make Zscaler Certifications known and meaningful in the industry
  • Engage learners through gamification and communication channels
  • Produce a seamless user experience through our learning systems
  • Measure knowledge and skills obtained as a result of education programs

Q. What is a typical day in your life?

Well, this isn’t going to be exciting, haha! I usually start each morning by checking my calendar to review the days schedule, and then scoot over to my email to see if there is anything that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. From there it’s usually a mix of meetings with internal teams and customers, followed by some time blocks to get things for projects done, and some strategizing on where to take the programs long term!

Q. How did you grow your career and what advice would you give to people looking to forge ahead on the same path? What are essential skills to develop?

I like to catagorize myself as a life-long learner, I enjoy learning new things, and pushing myself into other areas. For example, my first internship was as a Data Analyst, now this was interesting because I don’t like math, but I knew a position like this would help me understand data and how it plays into business goals/objectives. I ended up really liking it and my first full time role out of college was as an Analyst, from there I decided to branch into internal enablement and training, and then discovered the world of customer education and enablement by taking on various projects and identifying gaps.

I’d say my most important piece of advice is to keep learning new things, and jumping into new areas! You never know what you might like and what it could lead to!

Some essential skills: continuous learning, being open-minded, developing strategic thinking skills, time/priority management

Q. You attended Zenith Live - 2022 tell us about that experience.

2022 was my first Zenith Live, and if you were also there and took training, you may have seen me running around in between classrooms! It was a blast, and I’m very excited for this year, I’d highly recommend attending and joining a training session while you’re there!

My favorite parts were meeting all our partners and customers and conducting some customer persona interviews.

Q. Why do you feel the Zenith Community is important for not only customers but for other Zscaler employees?

It’s a great place to bounce ideas off of not only other folks, but to connect and see what others are doing! I think the community is critical to build fantastic relationships with not only other users, but also Zscaler

Q. What is/are your favorite hobby(ies).

My favorite hobbies are skiing, camping, hiking, bouldering, and traveling!! I love to get outside in whatever capacity I can, and travel to new places!

Q. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

This question is not fair. ONE?! Hmmm, if carbs didn’t matter it would be pasta. BUT, carbs do matter so it would probably be Thai food because it’s just so versatile, flavorful, and packed with veggies and proteins.

6 Likes