Network Connection Failed [-8]

Hi All,

Need some help and clarifications here. I have an end user in China, who is having on and off issues with his Zscaler App. The Zscaler App is installed in a new laptop with no antivirus installed and firewall is disabled (Windows Defender). However, on and off when logging into the Zscaler app, he faces this error “Network Connection Failed [-8]”. For example, when first or subsequent login might face this error. But after waiting for a while it is okay, can login into the app. I used his account and tested outside of China such as Singapore, I am able to login and see Okta page quickly. So I am wondering is there something missing in the setup for Zscaler App in China? Would appreciate help from Zscaler engineers working in China.

Regards,
Matthews Loke

Hi @matthews.loke - any findings and/or resolutions on this issue?

Hi,

Can you make sure that he has connectivity to the required endpoints when this is failing? These are documented here: https://ips.zscalertwo.net/zscaler_app (replace “zscalertwo” with your cloudname)

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, I have gotten the solution from Zscaler Support itself. They have shared best practices to deploy ZPA within China. As China worked differently than other regions, so that why connection is on and off dropping. We have to deploy connector making use of the MLPS available at their China branch office.

Regards,
Matthews Loke

Great if you can share those best practices…

We have customer in Japan, and one of them has faced this issue.
We would like to know that best practice you’ve got from Zscaler support.

Could you help us to know this issue deeply?

Thank you in advance.
Regards,

Tokio

Hi Tokio,

Can I check if all the necessary firewall rules have been open for this user? Try using a pac file for this user first, see if there is any issues. Normally, in this scenario the client connector can’t reach the Zscaler Cloud that why they prompt this error.

Regards,
Matthews Loke