ZPA ZApp for Linux required

I would happily Beta test a Linux client. Ubuntu 20.04 is my prefrence, but I would try with most any modern distribution.

Hi David

Prospective customer - love the solution as it stands on the Windows/macOS side but can’t commit without a Linux offering.

Would love to see a client for Ubuntu 18.04LTS+, as well as Fedora 29+.

Will keep an eye on the thread.

Cheers
MF

1 Like

Hi Zscaler!

Any update team?

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi Folks,

Seems like lots of people are waiting. Any update or ETA on this team ?

1 Like

Hi all
I am looking forward to the linux support.
A gui is not needed in the first step.
Why not put everything on a github repo?

Cheers

1 Like

Another metoo from an Arch user who would also gladly beta-test

1 Like

I am a C++/Java developer and using Windows is painful, please release a Linux client. I use Fedora/XFCE

1 Like

Please release zapp for linux… please please pleaseplease

1 Like

We really need a Linux client, Linux is so widely used now in the Dev and Devops community. Please add me to the beta testing list.

1 Like

Nothing more to say than +1 for distro agnostic linux support.

1 Like

openSUSE Leap 15.1 is what all of our employees use with KDE Desktop

1 Like

Hello,
Ubuntu based dev IT here. To us the support is a must have and we would love to use your solution on our hundreds of workstations.

Ubuntu 18.04 + is our minimal requirement.

How is it that in 2020 you do not support any Linux??

2 Likes

Hi Zscaler!

Any update team?

Cheers,

Hey David, any updates or good news?

1 Like

Anything to share, David? We’re all anxiously awaiting some good news…

1 Like

Hi,
have you tried the same thing with Android as there is an Android client available, what would save you a Win 10 license.

If all traffic has to go through Zscaler as it acts a reverse proxy to scan network traffic for hazards, https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/577296/394795 is the right approach isn’t it?

Hi @PackElend!
No I have not but yes this is maybe a simpler alternative.

Feel free to update the guide on stackexchange if you managed to access distant zscaler network through your android device.

before I would start doing so, what about the clients behind this ZApp Gateway created here. Do they need to have the Zscaler certificate installed if they want to establish an SSL connection to a destination outside the network via this gateway if Zscaler is used as reverse proxy?

I presume that is the case what concern me a bit, so I would like to ask.

No idea, I am just an occasional zscaler user (a bit disappointed by the lack of Linux client support I must admit…).

But I guess you are true, and there should be something to do on the android device to route zscaler traffic from/to the shared hotspot.

1 Like

Is there any update here? There seems to be tons of demand for a linux client. We have hundreds of uses that would use it as soon as it becomes available. If you are struggling with the large number of linux distributions I would suggest getting started by providing a beta on one of the most popular distributions. I would suggest Ubuntu 18.04LTS or 20.04 LTS.

2 Likes