Zscaler client connector upgrades

Hello community,

We’re trying to update Zscaler devices but for some machines, it isn’t happening. We observed that the Zscaler client connector is last seen active is pretty recent ( today) whereas the Zscaler Last Configuration Download Time happened days before.
Supposedly, every 2 hours, Zscaler Client Connector checks for software updates.
So, my questions:
1- Do you know why the ZCC isn’t getting updated?
2- How can we know why without bothering the users?
3- Is there any specific conditions to be met so that the ZCC can be updated successfully?

thank you,

Jenny

Hello Jenny,

What are the settings in the Mobile Admin Portal. Did you select specific version, latest version, group based.

More details here:

What is the version running on the machines that do not update?
Interesting to know if “update now” for these clients would work.

1 Like

Hello Marco,

thank you so much for your answer. I’m updating using group-based updates from 1.5.2.7 to the latest version 3.1. I tested for few machines: 70% of them updated while the rest didn’t.
If i’m going to deploy this for all users, asking every single one of them to click"update now" isn’t really an option. And, I didn’t test if it does work or not.
1- Do you know why the ZCC isn’t getting updated?
2- How can we know why without bothering the users?
3- Is there any specific conditions to be met so that the ZCC can be updated successfully?

thanks,

Jenny

The question is why some clients do not update. I am curious if the client is unable to start the update process itself. So this is why I would recommend testing with one client to see if pushing the Update Now does work. If so, the issue is with triggering the update or that the update process is broken.

Do you have any software distribution tools? Or can you use GPO to initiate an install of a software package?

Not sure if our support engineers have seen similar issues. But you could consider opening a support case if you need more help on this.

1 Like

Hello Marco,

Yes, well we disabled all other distribution tools because we trusted that the process with Zscaler is easier. But, unfortunately, we can’t even see the status of the upgrade. For example, why a certain updates weren’t done, if the update process was even triggered, etc.
Do you know what particular service can be checked on the user’s machine or any initial checks before opening a support case?

thanks,
Jenny

Jenny,

Sorry, I can’t answer that question. Support probably can answer this.

Hello Marco,

no worries! thank you so much for taking the time and answering me!
Perhaps others can help as well with their experience.

Hey Jenny,

maybe you already checked that, but ZCC logfiles (*.log) on particular, not updating clients could help as they enable quite some insight into whats happening (C:\ProgramData\Zscaler, also debug-loglevel helps). I would start looking here.

BR
Manuel

1 Like