Zscaler in United Arab Emirates

Hello,
We have two offices in UAE, one is on our infrastructure, second use external Internet access. There are also some users, that are travelling across country. Unfortunatelly in UAE there is no Zscaler NODE, so users are connected via India. It makes quite a lot of issues, both with performance and accessability to some webpages and services. I was wondering, what can be best solution to help here?

Regards

Hi ,
You may go with service edges or virtual service edges which can deployed on your premises.

Or

I believe Zscaler providing partnered services from Z-Services for UAE region. Look at that as option

Regards
Ramesh M

1 Like

Hello,

I opened ticket with Zscaler regarding that, but they told me that they do not have public node there, and that closest node in in Mumbai and New Dehli. They did not mentoned about any other posibilities

Regadrs

We’ve found that UAE are throttling connections to Zscaler at the moment.

This is the Middle East Zscaler service - https://www.zservices-me.com/mena-secure-web-gateway-cloud/

It is run totally separate from the normal Zscaler cloud so you will need separate entities like SAML, NSS, ZAB etc.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you, I will try to check it. But if this is separate from Zscaler cloud, this is also probabbly separate license?

Generally, I think Zscaler is working mostly fine in “normal” countries, but in countries thas has some “problems” it is making additional issues, and unfortunatelly I do not see clear help or solution for this from Zscaler side.

Regards

Yes I believe it’s separate licenses as well.
We have a lot of business run from the Middle East and we will primarily be using Service Edges to overcome most of these challenges. The new Private Brokers for ZPA will also help a lot.

These won’t only help with latency but all legal issues and challenges with cross-border encryption.

1 Like

Thank you.

So to whom we schoud direct, to have some advices about possibilities in licensing, configuration, implementation etc? When I was creating ticket about this and similar issues, I was never suggested to check such possibility, so I assume that helpdesk from Zscasler is not aware of such possibility?

Regards

Hi @Karol I’d suggest you approach your Zscaler account team for more information around accessing Zscaler through ZServices in the Middle East. If you are unsure who that is please DM me with you organisation details and I will ask them to get in touch

1 Like

We’ve found that if you can use a custom proxy port this helps a lot as they only appear to be intercepting 80/433 at the moment.

Hi ,

There are Private Zen nodes available for Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and UAE but will inlcude additional cost to have it included for your company/sub-cloud.Zscaler operations team would not be able to help in this matter.You should contact your Zscaler Account Team or TAM for further help regarding this.

Thanks,
Shiva