Change of Username While Using Zscaler

I come across an issue where the user has just joined the company.
Initially he login zscaler using
The next day he requested to change his username to due to misspelling.

Now, when I checked on the user ZCC, its showing as the login ID. ZIA works, but not ZPA. I took at look at the Zscaler Mobile Portal and noticed 2 entries with the same machine hostname. The only difference is the ‘Last Seen Connected to ZIA’ date.

Now, what is the best method to solve this? Should the earlier device entry be removed? Should I just logout from the ZCC and re-login?

You need to do both. Force remove the old entry from the MA, and also ask the user to logout and re-login.

1 Like

Thanks. As it was urgent earlier, went ahead to force remove both entries and then ask user to relogin. It then update / amend 1 of the 2 entries back to ‘Registered’. Issue solved.

Hi ,
Even with SCIM enabled why is ZPA breaking and ZIA working. I have the same issue, logout and login of ZCC fixes it but not a good solution.

Wondering why it did not get picked up, even when user login. Coz the login username already different.

Running into a similar issue. The new email ID shows in ZCC and ZIA connects just fine, however, ZPA has an issue and presents a “Connection Error.” The only solution is to logout and login and problem solved. This requires getting a logout password from the client connector portal.

We are using Azure AD for our IdP. Just checking if this is expected behavior or a bug.

Somehow ZPA ‘caches’ the earlier login. Quickest way we found is just logout / re-login.
Perhaps someone from Zscaler can confirm this.

Seems like it is normal behavior. Error 42000 -