Does Zscaler support SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol / Secure File Transfer Protocol)

Hi,

does Zscaler supports SFTP with the standard FTP Control?
Or does this require advanced firewall or is this not possible at all?

Thank you & best regards
Andreas

1 Like

Hi Andreas,

SFTP works with the basic firewall. You can just add a rule to a specific IP address with TCP-Port 22 and the client will be able to connect. If you need to use a FQDN which updated automatically to the current IP you need the Advance Firewall subscription.

Best Regards,
Patrick

3 Likes

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your guidance, I was facing the same trouble for configuring my customer’s SFTP client to allow communication through the ZIA. However, if you can please advise on any PAC file considerations for the SFTP and what rule on advanced firewall would need to be configured for SFTP to a FQDN.
Appreciate your response. Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards,
Anoop Sisodia

Hi Anoop,

We forward all our traffic to ZIA with no PAC/proxy-configurfation in the client (WinSCP) and with the Standard Firewall of Zscaler I have just added a rule with Network Services SSH and destination IP address.

You could try to set a proxy for the connection (SOCKS5 or HTTP) with your Zscaler ZIA and the appropriate port number.

Best Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Appreciate a lot for your detailed response and humble support. I will try these settings and update the results here.

Best Regards,
Anoop Sisodia