ZCC Service Status Help

I am looking in the help portal for any information to this section of the ZCC Registered Device Details, however I cannot find any information pertaining to what these items are.

Mouse over shows some info, but i seems to be a new feature in 3.6, however some of my devices are showing ZIA health active, and some as ZIA health inactive.

Can Someone help explain what the Health portions of this SC are?

ZCC Health Service

Any assistance would be great, thank you :smiley:

Regards,
Jamison W.

Same here. It might be require ZDX.

Works for me with latest ZCC version 3.6.0.26:

I am not inquiring if it works, I want to know what it means, what its in relation too, what does it do?

Oh sorry, missed that.
But to be honest: the particular info seem to be quite self-explanatory…

Does health refer to the ZCC’s ability to communicate with the Cloud for ZIA/ZPA/ZDX?

And why is it reporting anything for devices not using the 3.6 version?

Is ZDX needed? Showing some health as inactive and others as active at the same location.

It -isn’t- self explanatory. Is there a video or training on this specific feature, or documentation I am unable to find for this feature set?

It’s really offputting when Im showing as ZIA enabled true, and health as Inactive, and the person sitting next to me, shows ZIA enabled true and health as
active.

meant active, corrected in my post.

Does health refer to the ZCC’s ability to communicate with the Cloud for ZIA/ZPA/ZDX

Thats exactly what I would expect it to do.

And why is it reporting anything for devices not using the 3.6 version?

As it is explicitly marked as “only for 3.6+” there could be a bunch of reasons. Agreed it is a little “uncommon” to show anything when preconditions are not met, but basically I would not expect correct numbers when not using 3.6+.

Is ZDX needed? Showing some health as inactive and others as active at the same location.

No, I do not see why it should be needed for health reporting. In general it does not sound as a good idea to make a “health reporting” dependent from existance/availability of monitored services.

It -isn’t- self explanatory. Is there a video or training on this specific feature, or documentation I am unable to find for this feature set?

At least it is mentioned here: About Enrolled Devices | Zscaler

It’s really offputting when Im showing as ZIA enabled true, and health as Inactive, and the person sitting next to me, shows ZIA enabled true and health as
active.

Are you using latest ZCC 3.6.026? Because I checked with 3 clients here and data was correct.

Hi Manuel, Jamison!

The health does refer to this. This is based on the device sending the keepalive/health check pings to the service and getting a success. Whether the user is sending traffic or not, the health check pings indicate whether the service is reachable and healthy.

If you are not seeing this as active, this could be that the keepalives are being blocked, or also potentially that it’s not running on 3.6.

ZDX is not needed for this no. The only pre-requisite is the client connector version.

Edit: I’ll file a ticket to get the documentation update as well, thank you for pointing this out.

1 Like